What is Clingseal?
Clingseal is a new generation clamp sheet that sits directly beneath the traditional silage sheet. The way this product works is quite simple, it can “cling” more closely to the contours of the clamp’s surface and can tuck better at the sides. In comparison with standard sheeting, Clingseal is a thin, flexible low permeability film. It is specially designed to closely follow and cling to the clamp surface where it prevents pockets of trapped air forming to significantly reduce aerobic spoilage on the top and shoulders. As Clingseal provides an effective air seal and creates the right anaerobic conditions, it also facilitates a faster, more efficient fermentation process to deliver enhanced silage quality. By using this new type of film, this will help you to reduce waste and produce better quality silage. Size 40mu 8M X 50M
Top tips for applying Clingseal:
Clamp must be filled and compacted correctly before applying the product.
- Never overfill the clamp as it can exacerbate the problem of surface water.
- Apply the Clingseal to the clamp surface as soon as possible after filling.
- Ensure you take extra care when finishing, sealing and covering the pit to achieve high standards.
- Make sure the film is tucked in well where it meets the clamp walls.
- Once the Clingseal is in place, use high quality Rhino sheeting to cover the clamp.
- Ensure sheets are weighted down firmly.
- Once all the above steps have been completed, Rhino protection nets should be used to ensure the pit is covered and protected fully.
- Silo bags should then be put in place to ensure the protection net is in a fixed position.
Clingseal has many beneficial properties such as:
- Provides an effective air seal to create the right anaerobic conditions.
- Facilitates a faster, more efficient fermentation process to deliver enhanced silage quality.
- Beneficial when ensiling moist feeds like brewers’ grains and crimped maize.
- Suitable for several crops including grass, maize, whole crop silage and crimped grain
To watch a video about Clingseal click here.
To read an article about Clingseal click here
A silage plastic sheet is a specialised covering used in the process of ensiling, which involves preserving and fermenting forage crops to create silage for animal feed. This sheet is a crucial component of the silage-making process. It is typically made from high-quality plastic materials and is designed to be durable, UV-resistant, and impermeable to air.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.