Magniject, an injection for treatment of hypomagnesaemia (grass tetany) in cattle and sheep.
Magnesium deficency causes grass tetany, which can occur when animals are grazing heavy, lush, low-fibre paddocks. Cows are most at risk in paddocks which have received heavy dressings of nitrogen.
A clear solution for injection containing Magnesium Sulphate Heptahydrate 25.0% w/v
Dosage and Administration
By subcutaneous injection only.
Cattle – up to 400ml
Sheep – Up to 75ml
Contraindications, Warnings, etc.
- Do not administer intravenously.
- Observe aseptic precautions.
- For single use only
- Warm to body temperature before administering
- Avoid the introduction of contamination during use
- Discard the product once any apparent growth or discoloration occurs.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.